Canine proprietor shares heartbreaking footage of dying pet after treats laced with rat poison on footpath

Dog owner shares heartbreaking footage of dying pet after treats laced with rat poison on footpath


A DOG proprietor has shared heartbreaking footage of her dying pet after consuming treats laced with rat poison.

The upsetting movies present one-year-old Bewley hooked as much as tubes at his native vet after swallowing the poison on July 23.

Deadline Information

The upsetting footage reveals one-year-old Bewley hooked as much as tubes[/caption]

Deadline Information

Abi O’Brien shared the movies as a warning to different pet homeowners[/caption]

Deadline Information

Abi needed to make the heartbreaking resolution to place Bewley down[/caption]

Bewley was put down lower than a month after the video was taken, regardless of initially displaying indicators of restoration.

Proprietor Abi O’Brien from Blackheath, Surrey shared the clip as a warning for others to be vigilant.

The emotional video reveals Bewley sleeping earlier than being woken up by Abi to be fed, with tubes caught in his nostril as he recovers from surgical procedure.

He’s seen struggling to eat the meals, as a result of poison in his system.

He then tries to fall asleep and is given yet another deal with to eat earlier than he rests his head again onto the mattress.

One other video reveals Bewley with tissue and bandages round his neck and abdomen.

Pictures present Bewley being held by Abi after his surgical procedure showing to look perkier regardless of his bandages.

However on August 20, Abi made the gut-wrenching resolution to place Bewley down following a four-week battle.

Abi took to Fb to share her expertise and warn others pet homeowners.

“As a few of you could already know we devastatingly misplaced our attractive child boy on account of rat poison after a 4 week battle for his life,” she wrote.

No canine proprietor deserves to go what we have now gone by way of


Abi O'Brien

“A good friend strolling their canine yesterday discovered canine treats with rat poison on the downs hyperlink close to the wood bridge between Bramley and Cranleigh in Surrey on the observe and round that space.

“After which as you walked in direction of Cranleigh one or two have been discovered after which into the woods and alongside the canal a pair extra have been discovered.

“There are additionally studies of meatballs being carried out round Horsham space though I personally don’t have any proof of this.

“Please be vigilant and please report something suspicious the extra studies individuals make the higher. No canine proprietor deserves to go what we have now gone by way of and no canine deserves to lose their life so horrendously.”

The put up has brought about an outpouring of sympathy from social media customers.

Diane Hildreth commented: “There are some horrible individuals on the planet. Why do that?”

Eileen Weir mentioned: “Stunning, so unhappy on your loss. Evil being that did this, your time will come.”

Talking in the present day, Abi mentioned: “The vets suspected Bewley was affected by rat poison, however they might not verify till a take a look at got here again constructive two weeks later.

“We preserve our canine in a safe backyard and have by no means used rat poison so we immediately questioned the place he might have picked it up from.”


Abi mentioned Bewley had “fought so laborious” however after 4 weeks of preventing she needed to make a “heartbreaking resolution”.

“The thought that this might have been an intentional malicious act is simply intestine wrenching,” she mentioned.

“I hope I could make individuals vigilant when out strolling, and in addition to think about different types of rodent repellent.”

Deadline Information

Abi mentioned Bewley fought laborious for 4 weeks[/caption]

Deadline Information

Bewley is believed to have eaten treats laced with poison[/caption]



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *